Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Sour Cream & Lemon-Lime Soda Biscuits

Sour Cream & Lemon-Lime Soda Biscuits:The Charm of Home
I have looked for a good biscuit recipe before, but usually the oven seems too hot and they seem too dry.  

Sour Cream & Lemon-Lime Soda Biscuits:The Charm of Home
Then I found this recipe for sour cream and lemon-lime soda biscuits.  These were really moist and delicious and the oven temp isn't too hot for them to turn out perfect! 
Biscuit recipe resource: Deep South Dish
There is a cup of sour cream in these biscuits and up to a cup of lemon-lime soda.  
Bake at 375° F for 20 minutes or up to 25 minutes until a light golden brown.  This is one of the first biscuit recipes I have ever made that doesn't burn the biscuit when following these instructions!  I used 5 cups of a regular baking mix and almost a cup of lemon-lime soda.
I got a yield of  12 biscuits.

Cranbery Honey Butter: The Charm of Home
Cranberry Honey Butter

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons finely chopped dried cranberries
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
a pinch of salt
In a medium bowl mix all ingredients until well blended, Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.  Can freeze for up to 3 months. 
Yield: 12 servings

Enjoy!

Sherry

I will link with these parties:

Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
Tickle My Taste Buds Tuesdays at Lori's Culinary Creation

8 comments:

Angela said...

Good looking biscuits! Thank you for the cranberry honey butter recipe! Wishing you a Merry Christmas!!

janice15 said...

These sound lovely.. I will have to try them... Hope you are well. With love Janice

Daniela said...

Oh, my, this is a recipe I have to remember, indeed, I'm just copying it right now !

Hope you're having the best of weeks, my lovely Sherry,
I'm sending blessings of joy,
thinking of you with so much thankfulness and sincere love

Xx Dany

Two Cottages and Tea said...

Thanks for the recipe! Sounds delicious and easy to make!

Crystal Grandeur said...



This is so pretty. Love the photography. You are a awesome photographer. Thank you for your compliment on my post. Love sujatha:)

Margie said...

YUM! Now I'm craving scones...

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness I wish I had this for breakfast right now. I can just smell the warm fruity goodness! Pinned.

Sam - Raggedy Bits said...

Oh YUMM! I am so going to have to make these for my Hubby! Thank you for sharing :-)